Friday, 10 February 2012

Golden Masquerade

This is the latest template on offer at Cardmaking Paradise
I ran the mask through a C/B folder to emboss, inked all the edges with distress ink and ran gold ink along the bottom edge.  For the side and centre embellishments I used Spellbinders ‘Twisted Metal Accents’. I coloured the gems with Adriondack’s Copper mixative to blend in with the mask, then added feathers.
This is a real fun project to do.  I will be entering this mask into the Stamp Man Texture challenge.  I love adding texture to a project.

6 comments:

  1. Oh wow Lainey this looks amazing - so rich in colours and texture. Thanks for joining us at the Stamp Man for this next challenge and good luck.
    Have a great weekend.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the depth of texture you get in your work - I noticed it on your Art Journal page at the Craft Barn too.This mask has a leather like quality - wonderful. What did you use as the base card layer for your mask? (If you don't mind me being nosy of course!) Julia x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was just one of those single sheets of card they sell at craft shops, it had a snake skin sort of pattern on it so I used the CB folder that looked liked snake skin. It cracked a little when embossed so I dusted it with distress ink which gave it a leather look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's a fabulous mask, great texture and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for stopping by and leaving a nice comment on my blog. I love what you have done with this mask. I have an upcoming craft class I run where the theme is masks - I have a some mask stamps, some mask brass stencils and some mask charms. Now you have got me thinking about a mask template.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And another wow from me, absolutely brilliant, I love it!!!

    Thanks for joining us at The Stamp Man for our Texture challenge Lainey.

    Jill x

    ReplyDelete