Tuesday, 14 February 2012

Masked Heart

Today I was playing about with masking tape, a great medium to use!!  So I placed some sequin waste on the tag and ran through my grand callibur, distress inked over it. I then added some modeling paste through the waste to give texture. I sprayed a paper doily with comic shimmer mist and water colour, love this texture!!  The heart was the real fun part, I cut out 2 hearts, covered one with torn masking  tape, inked with Victorian velvet distress ink, then clear embossing powder, love the way it turned out!! Used Love Story Script stamp for letter, finished off with paper beads, brad, gem and fibres.
I will be entering this tag into the following challenges: The Stamp Man.. Texture :Gingersnap Creations.. Masking Tape : TIOT Taggers... Hearts & Flowers :




16 comments:

  1. Such a great piece of art. Love all the texture your created. Fabulous. Thanks for joining in the Stamp Man Challenge and have a great day. Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the most beautiful tag ever! WOW!!! So many details and textures. I don't know how you did it! I have loved looking around your blog and your projects...gorgeous! I am now following you! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and commenting...I appreciate it immensely, and now I've discovered YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the texture and the vintage look! So good that you explain what you've done too - great learning resource. Thank you! Julia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lainey this is absolutely gorgeous, what a superb tag you have made. Lovely colours, brilliant techniques and fab embellishments.Thanks for linking to the Stamp Man challenge.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lot of work on this tag a great finished project. Thank you for joining us on the TIOT challenge. Hugs Bee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your kind comments about my tag it cheered me up. The die cuts were done on the silhouette cameo a brilliant machine I am hooked. Hugs Bee

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is utterly brilliant Lainey! :) Wow! Beautiful tag hun, so many gorgeous details and I love all the layers :)

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely gorgeous. I love your colour scheme and there is so much to look at, so much texture - awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, beautiful work Lainey - it's absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous Tag! Thanks for joining us at Tag week - hearts and flowers, at TIOT x Janet

    ReplyDelete
  11. and at the Stamp Man challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just gorgeous, Lainey!!! LOVE the way the heart turned out, to!!! Fabulous!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What awesome texture with the masking tape ... so very glad you joined us at Gingersnap Creations.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lainey, congratulations on your tag being chosen as a Ginger Gem!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete