Monday, 13 February 2012

Sealed with a Kiss

Ooo what fun I have had today playing with texture, I must say that this type of card has to be my favourite!!
So, for the background I srcumpled some tissue paper then stuck it to some pink card, to emphasize the creases I swiped over with Tea Dye distress ink. I cut two Anemone flowers from the background paper and placed maroon netting behind for detail and texture. I then added some lilac meshing on the top for added texture.
 For the flowers I used Spellbinders Anemone Flower Topper, then ran it through a CB folder to add more texture, the flowers were cut from a coke tin, plastic drinks bottle and milk carton, inked with alcohol inks, finished with buttons.
The jigsaw piece I found this morning while clearing my mum-in-laws loft ( was up there for years!!) covered with ditress ink and Love Story Script, added some die cut hearts and words. Finally sealed it all with a embroidery thread kiss!!
I will enter this card into the following challenges: JUGS 123 use buttons : MMM wk36 Hearts & Flowers : The Stamp Man.. Texture : JS Love is in the AirCI Paints...Hearts




12 comments:

  1. Um, this is G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S!!! What an amazing creation--LOVE all the textures and embellishments on this! Thanks for joining us this week at MMM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lainey,,,,I too love working with tissue!!! This is a fabulous project, love all the detail you have added. Thank you so much for entering the Make My Monday challenge this week...and thank you for becoming my latest follower, appreciate it! Suzanne (brookfies)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hearts and beautiful flowers -- a wonderful combination. Thanks for sharing your art in the Creative Inspirations Paints blog challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous layering and use of buttons! Thanks for joining in at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! The texture really is absolutely amazing! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a wonderful creation! Thanks for playing at Joanna Sheen! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. WHAT a wonderfully TEXTURE rich piece of card crafty fabulousness - I love it! Thank you SO much for sharing your FABULOUS talent, and this gorgeous creation, with JUST US GIRLS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Lainey, this is gorgeous!! I love the colours and all the different textures. Thanks for sharing it with us at The Stamp Man.
    Siobhan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - fabulous card, and so much rich detail and texture.
    Thanks so much for joining us at MMM this week.
    Valx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow and double wow! this is gorgeous love evry thing about it. Thank you for joining in at MMM
    suzi b x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Lainey, this is an absolute stunner! Those flowers are so beautiful and your textured background is gorgeous.
    Thanks for joining in at Make My Monday this week.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Lainey, this is absolutely gorgeous. I love your colour scheme too xx

    ReplyDelete