Sunday, 19 February 2012

Spring Butterflies

 JUGS challenge 124 this wk is colour, so I had a bit of a play:




I really liked the sketch at SS wk195 so I incorporated this into my overall design.



So here's what I did: I used My Minds Eye 'Spring Papers' backing paper, love those soft colours, did faux stitching around all the edges as well as inking them , naturally!!  I over stamped the centre dotty pannel using a stamp from Kanban, I re stamped and cut out the butterflies, coloured them with my beloved Twinkling H2O's.  For the cetral border I used EK Success border punch and added the butterfly cutouts. I love the soft colours chosen by JUGS and combined with SS sketch I thought it worked well.
I will also enter this card into the CI Paints... Polka Dots challenge.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. Love the butterflies and layering

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card! Thanks for joining in at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a gorgeous card. I love the image you've used and the colours also. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous butterflies! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. Love the paper and the butterflies. Thanks for sharing your art in the Creative Inspirations Paints blog challenge.

    ReplyDelete