Monday, 12 March 2012

LIM wk 58.. One Layer...Script

This week at LIM.. wk 58 One Layer script is the theme. Out of all the LIM challenges, one layer is what I struggle with most. Mandi & Chrissie make it look so easy yet mine never look anything like theirs!!! it always looks like something is missing. Anyway this is what I came up with:


So I cut a Spellbinder die out and used it as a mask to stamp the script in, then over stamped with the flourish.  the flourish I was quite happy with, it was one of those happy accidents.  I didn't quite get it right first time so I stamped again and was a bit of the mark but it came out looking like a shadow, boost!! I then positioned the cut out die and brushed over the edge with distress ink to make it look like it had depth. I embossed the top flourish with clear embossing finishing with a few gems to lift it.

10 comments:

  1. A very special look, just great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That flourish looks for all the world as though it is a die-cut Lainey... It's a very clever effect!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really beautiful card Lainey. It's so elegant and really is 'Less is More'! Fab!!
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are delightful. I am fascinating by the texture and the three dimensional-ism. Very nice . . . your new fan and follower, Connie come visit me at crafty-home-cottage.blogspot.com I also love paper crafts, but I like to play around with paint, photography, refurbishing furniture, I guess I have too many interests, but they keep me happy. Have a great day and come visit. Connie

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a fab flourish! A very pretty card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stylish card love it Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mine looked easy cos it was Lainey lol
    FAB card, super flourish
    Thank you very much
    amdni
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great card and I think the florish is fantastic.
    Hugs
    Suzie xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a lovely card and the 3D illusion of the flourish is great. You say you think something is missing - have you tried putting a few (3) of the gems vertically towards the top right corner to balance the sentiment?

    ReplyDelete