Sunday, 18 March 2012

LIM.. wk 59 Theme.... Masking

LIM wk 59 ... Theme... Masking   is the challenge this week and I feel more at home, in fact I had a lof of fun with this card as it was my second time using my brayer ( had it for months now!!)  I used Spice big & juicy and a sentiment from CE Flower Phrases. I cut a circle using spellbiners, inked inside it with Mustard Seed DI, then I masked over the sun and went over with the brayer then stamped my image on top, double mounted it and finished with a raffia flat bow.
Here is the card:


This is the first bit of brayering I did:

The lines are made tying thread around the brayer.

15 comments:

  1. WOW Lainey great masking and stamping What pretty cards I love them Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! the effect is fabulous, I've had my brayer for two years and it's still in the box, Now seeing your work has inspired me to have a go soon, Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both gorgeous Lainey, and you obviously had great fun making them... isn't it great when things work out as you hoped they would!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards, I love the colours of the first.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely and what a clever idea for the lines!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the warmth of the colors in the first card - goes so well with your sentiment. Really love the way you did the lines on the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terrific card Lainey
    Well done on the brayering, i can't use the 'stupid' things!

    Thank you very much
    madni
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lainey...this is so beautiful...love the gorgeous sunset...or is it sun up??? I bet you wish it was that warm where you live now...lol! I love your masking...wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lainey, beautiful cards. I'm partial to the first one ---love the organic content and perfect with the raffia bow. I'm amazed at your brayer skills...you make it look easy. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful brayering. love the sunset scene. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two wonderful creations, love them both, great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  12. lol Victoria, You took the words right out of my mouth
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. two beauties, Lainey! Great colours. great start to your brayering career!

    ReplyDelete