Wednesday, 14 March 2012

Silver Mask

This was a fun project from Cardmaking Paradise a great resource for all your templates!!
I will enter this mask into Gingersnap Creations challenge... two colours 140.  I used White & Silver.
The sponsers for this month are Rogue Redheads. 






I glued a lace effect backing paper to the mask, edged the mask with silver ink, then glued braid around the edges.  I cut a butterfly from Spellbinders ‘Nested Butterflies Two’ from silver mirror card and velum, then cut in half and attached to each side using a silver jewelled brad.  For the centre I used ‘Ironworks Accents’ and attached with a jewelled brad, then added feathers.  All the small silver accents came from the butterfly’s wings. This mask always reminds me of a pussycat!!
This next one I think is my favourite!!


I sprayed  a doily with  Cosmic Shimmer, attached black netting behind the doily before attaching to mask, made flowers and added brads. Love the texture of this one!!
Sara donates 10% of all membership fees  towards her new charity, Crafty Smiles, bringing crafts to children in Oncology Wards around the country.
You can join in wherever you are in the world

6 comments:

  1. Holy masked cow!!! This is gorgeous and so original! You are one creative lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful creation, just love it, Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are gorgeous Lainey! My favourite is certainly the second one - the colour is really fab!It's really elegant and just love the texture. I like the first one but for some daft reason I've always hated feathers - I won't even touch them unless I have to! Mad I hear you say!
    Juliaxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous projects - I particularly love the doily! Thanks for joining us at Gingersnap Creations!

    ReplyDelete