Sunday, 22 April 2012

RePurpose to UpCycle

UpCycling is the challenge over at Frilly and Funkie the challenge is to use at least 2 repurposed items, so this is the card I came up with:

the upcycled items I used are; dried wet wipes, cardboard, brown packing paper, foil from butter pack and shop labels shown here:

I embossed the brown paper using a CE mask, made cardboard and wet wipe roses, idea came from here I covered the labels with the backing of the cardboard and stretched the wet wipe to reveal it's fibres.  The butterfly is from the whiskey package and butter foil. The leaves are a Spellbinder die.  DI used were Vintage Photo and Old Paper.


The sentiment is from CE 'Flower Phrases', finished off with a button and raffia.

I will also enter this card into PanPastel's add a flower challenge, check out the prize on offer:

AMAZING Prize

12 comments:

  1. This is a fabulous work of art Lainey and brilliant that you have recycled so many items.
    Hope you are having a good weekend.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Lainey, your card is fabulous ! I love the cardboard and wet wipe roses, stunning ! Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really stunning card, I love the colours and the flowers look fab (I make flowers with wet wipes after I have made them all multicoloured with inks and PanPastels because I cant bear to throw anything away lol)Thank you for joining in with the PanPastel challenge blog
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, this is truly amazing..you have used lots of great recycling items...thanks for all the tips, so glad you joined us at F&F....have a wonderful week!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is stunning love the colour tones thanks for sharing with us at PanPastel UK.

    Kerry DT Leader

    craftyfairie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So wonderful, I'm missing words.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow what a gorgeous card, wonderful recycling! Thanks for joining us at PanPastel UK
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wowzers, Lainey!!! What an amazing job you did on your upcycling project! You really pushed the boundaries of repurposing and good for you. It makes me wonder if we really need all the fancy craft products we have or if we couldn't just make wonderful art out of our found objects! Love the vintage style monochromatic tone you achieved with this lovely gem! So happy you joined in the fun with us this time around at Frilly and Funkie.

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's totally beautiful Lainey, wonderful upcycling too. I love all the different textures and lovely soft browns, xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card! I love recycled stuff too and I try to use it in my daily scrap days aswell.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lainey...drop crafting gorgeous!!! WOW...those roses rock! Love all the ways you repurposed!!! Thank you tons for playing along with us at Frilly & Funkie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Lainey,found your blog just this morning.I love your creation,the flowers are stunning.This project has definitely gave me food for thought.Thanks for the inspiration :)Jacqueline.S

    ReplyDelete