Saturday, 21 April 2012

The Stamp Man... Shabby Chic/Distressed

Shabby Chic/Distressed is the challenge at The Stamp Man this fortnight so I thought I would enter this Arched Screen I have made for my challenge swap over at CardMaking Paradise  here is the screen:

I was after a shabby vintage look. The backing paper is from my stash, the stamps used are Andy Skinner 'A Stich in Time'. I did a lot of stitching on this project, such fun!!


The dress form is a template from CardMaking Paradise covered with some leftover lace from my daughters wedding dress.  I stamped onto vellum to tie in with the dressmaking theme, added buttons and odd bits of lace. the fake pearls are Cosmic Shimmer glue.


For the back I tore the backing paper off cardboard, covered the paper with Picket Fence distress stain, then with Victorian Velvet DI, it gave a lovely distressed looking wood effect. I then made a box, the template for the box again is from CardMaking Paradise this box template is the best I have ever used, I adapted the size to suit my needs, so easy to do with this template!!






11 comments:

  1. Wohow, I'm missing words. It's an outstanding project, so many wonderful details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely project & different from the usual things i see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous arches Lainey, beautiful design and gorgeous elements. You have combined all these to make an amazing project and finished off with a great little box to put it in. Thanks for linking this to the Stamp Man for our new shabby/distressed challenge.
    Hope your weekend is going well.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Lainey, your arches are beautiful with lots of attention to detail. Love how you have used lace leftover from your daughter's wedding dress! Suzanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely! I love all those laces and fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous project Lainey!! fantastic use of lace & fabric.. just perfect, Hugs May x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh hunni, your project is amazing!!! It's full of lush detail and I absolutely adore the shabby chic look! Have a lovely Sunday, hugs Joanna xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Lainey, this is gorgeous!! So many lovely details and very shabby chic!
    Thanks for sharing it with us at The Stamp Man.
    Siobhan x

    ReplyDelete
  9. love,love,love this card with all its shabby chic details. Sus x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous project Lainey, love the colour scheme and all the gorgeous details ! Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous project Lainey, love the colour scheme and all the gorgeous details. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete