Sunday, 17 June 2012

Horse shoe

So I thought I would show you a couple of the CardMaking Paradise projects I've been working on of late.  I loved working with this template, such a fun card to make:



I inked all the edges with Victorian Velvet distress ink and then cut the horse and rider as well as the sentiment out of backing paper; decoupage the rider, then reinforced it with card.  I then cut some grass out of green card making two layers for a 3D effect.  I finished off with glitter, flower sequins and cosmic shimmer glue for centres.




I inked all edges with Black Soot distress ink.  I found images of boots and hat on the internet and made 3D toppers.  The rope I made from embroidery thread crocheted it and used it for the hat and lasso.  Finished off with gems.

Sara donates 10% of all membership fees towards her new charity' Crafty Smiles' bringing crafts to children in Oncology Wards around the country.


5 comments:

  1. Awww, how cute are these!!! Great projects, bound to bring someone some luck lol; ))) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great fun Lainey, and I Love the way you've decorated the horseshoes - they would be perfect for male or female, child or adult.

    Hope your Daughters are both fit and well, and looking forward to their Big Day.
    Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your art is fantastic Lainey! I love everything I have seen on your blog. Paula

    ReplyDelete